- Privacy Commitment
North Little Rock Electric may collect different information about you in different situations, which are described in more detail below. This information may include your name along with one or more of the following: address, email address, phone number, fax number, tax identification number, IP address, social security number, resume, bank name and account number, credit card number and billing details, credit card provider, North Little Rock Electric utility account number, User or other password, or other information that might identify you (“Personal Information”).
As a general matter, we may disclose Personal Information:
- when authorized by you or when necessary to provide a service you have requested;
- to communicate with you about issues related to your application, account, or request for service;
- when necessary to comply with an order of a government agency or court, when requested by a government regulator, or as otherwise required by law, or requested in writing by law enforcement;
- to investigate and address system problems and to protect the security of the Website; or
- to a purchaser in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or part of our business or company.
Additionally, we may disclose your Personal Information to individual contractors and third-party service providers who assist us in providing you with services, or with other permitted uses of your Personal Information (subject to appropriate confidentiality agreements).
The following sections describe in more detail the data we collect and how we use that data.
- Information We Collect Automatically
We may collect all information about all interactions between your web browser and the North Little Rock Electric Website and other websites unrelated to North Little Rock Electric that you visit, including your IP address, the web pages you visit, how long you visit them and what you do while visiting them. For example, we may collect information that tells us how long you spent on a certain page, what information you supplied, or what boxes you did or did not check. Web browsers may provide a large amount of information that we may also collect, including your time zone, browser type and version, language preference, and any cookies that we have set (see below for an explanation of cookies).
We may use this information for a number of purposes including revising our web pages to make them more user-friendly, diagnosing problems, investigating security issues, supporting our training efforts, or documenting your interaction with the Website or other websites, and for marketing purposes. This information is also used in the aggregate in order to evaluate our Website’s effectiveness and to improve performance, and for marketing purposes.
Your device’s location services may be used to provide an improved experience when showing information relevant to your location, to advise us about potential outages that you may report, or to provide important information relevant to you. Location information is optional, and may be shared with third parties who provide services to us. If you decline the location services through your device’s operating system, your location will not be used and any service, such as North Little Rock Electric’s outage maps, may default to alternative methods of helping you find information relevant to your location.
Privacy Policies for third-party services we use to collect user data on our mobile app are linked below:
- Information We Collect from All Users
In connection with your use of the Web Services, we may collect your name, addresses, telephone number, and email address. For members of the general public, we may collect this information in the course of completing surveys, service eligibility determination, inquiries, and site registration. Other users of the Website may provide this information in connection with Web Services described in more detail below.
We may use this information to provide the requested service, notify you about updates or changes to our Website, alert you when new services, options, products, or features become available, and to offer you the opportunity to donate to North Little Rock Electric’s charitable funds, such as the Power to Care Fund.
- Information We Collect from North Little Rock Electric Customers
When you initiate service with North Little Rock Electric, regardless of whether you do so using this Website, over the phone, through our walk-in customer care centers, via fax, or by email, we will collect certain information that may include certain Personal Information.
We will use this information for activities including:
- to identify you in connection with establishing an account;
• to establish a deposit amount (if any);
• to maintain your account;
• to process, evaluate, and respond to account and service requests, inquiries and applications you make as a Customer;
• to provide online bills or usage information;
• to collect amounts due on your account;
• to close the account;
• to provide, administer, and communicate with you about products and services;
• to operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research; managing our advertising and marketing; analyzing our products, services, and Websites; administering our Websites; and performing accounting, auditing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
• to protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
We may engage third parties to assist us in providing you with service. For example, we may:
- send certain Personal Information to a credit-reporting agency to help us determine a deposit amount;
• allow an IT service provider to access Personal Information in order to provide us with technology-related customer service issues; or
• provide collection agents with Personal Information in connection with collecting amounts due on an account.
- Personal Information Provided in Connection with the Web Services and other North Little Rock Electric services
In connection with your use of Web Services, you may be asked to create an account, and to provide a password. You shall be responsible for the use, security, and safety of such account and password.
- Email Addresses, Postal Mail Addresses, and Phone Numbers
Individuals who supply their addresses (email or postal mail) or phone numbers (land-line or cell) may receive periodic messages from North Little Rock Electric with information on new products and services, upcoming events or news that may be of interest, or account-related information If you do not want to receive such communications from North Little Rock Electric in the future (except with respect to communications in connection with your North Little Rock Electric account, your request for service, please let us know by clicking HERE and telling us that you do not want to receive these types of communications. We will comply with such requests as required by law, or requested in writing by law enforcement.
- Submissions to North Little Rock Electric
- Data Security
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
- Links to Other Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked sites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit them. We are not responsible for the content of any sites that are not affiliated with us, any use of those sites, or the privacy practices of those sites.