Trees and power lines are not a good combination. Trees are our number one cause of outages, especially when storms bring lightning, ice, or high winds. That is why North Little Rock Electric maintains two dedicated tree trimming trucks as well as contractors working hard to keep trees around overhead power lines properly trimmed.
As part of our ongoing preventative maintenance program, we annually identify areas to clear trees and limbs away from pole-to-pole power lines.
- If trees, limbs, or brush are located beneath or within 15 feet of either side of the distribution power line, it will likely be trimmed.
- Only on routine cycle trimming will our crews chip and haul away brush and small branches.
- North Little Rock Electric does not perform trimming on trees for the service wire (line from the pole to your home). We will disconnect service line free of charge to allow for safe pruning. Advance notice of 48 hours or more is needed before disconnection. (501-975-8888)
How will I be notified?
- Prior to the arrival of work crews, all power lines are inspected in the service area to determine the work that is required.
- Doorhangers are left to notify customers of Tree Trimming Crews being in the area in the next few weeks. The Tree Trimming Supervisor’s Phone Number is on the back.
- Situations may arise when vegetation maintenance will be performed without prior notification. This may occur when a tree has caused a power outage or poses an imminent safety hazard. If you have a tree that needs trimming out of the power lines, please complete the form below or contact Customer Service at 501-975-8888.